To provide leadership in advocacy, development of guidelines, research and capacity building related to common infectious diseases in Sri Lanka and thereby create a platform for Specialist Physicians in Sri Lanka to provide improved and organized care for the community.
- To play an advocacy role and represent Physicians, at the level of policy making in the MOH or any other relevant bodies.
- To liaise with media to disseminate accurate and important information relevant to safety of public with regards to various infectious diseases.
- Public education.
Development of guidelines and other related work
- To collaborate with relevant stakeholders and compile/update national guidelines on diagnosis and management of common infectious diseases in Sri Lanka.
- To provide a platform to discuss problems encountered in management of infectious diseases and find solutions to overcome such issues.
- To build partnerships with regional/international infectious disease societies for exchange of knowledge.
Research and audits
- To provide a platform to conduct multidisciplinary collaborative research in infectious diseases.
- To facilitate and provide a platform for conducting clinical audits in infectious diseases.
- To conduct academic programs to improve knowledge and clinical skills of medical professionals in infectious diseases.
- To create an advisory helpline for physicians to discuss and clarify management problems regarding specific infectious diseases.
All members of the forum should be members or associate members of the Ceylon College of Physicians.
- Advisory committee: consists of up to 10 members on invitation
- Co-secretaries – two secretaries will be appointed by members of the forum
The term of the co-secretaries will be 2 years. Interested members of the Ceylon College of Physicians could apply to the college to join the infectious disease forum at any time.
Working groups headed by a chairperson will be created on identified infectious diseases.
Meetings will be held annually.
Meeting minutes will be maintained by the co-secretaries once confirmed at the meeting.
Meeting minutes will be forwarded to the council of the Ceylon College of Physicians.