Terms & Conditions
Effective from: Wednesday, August 11, 2021, 01.00 PM
This online payment system is provided by the Ceylon College of Physicians (the College) and its third-party suppliers (each a Service Provider) for the payment of registration fees for the annual conference, preparatory courses for examinations and other CME activities. The College may update these terms from time to time and any changes will be effective immediately on being set out here.
Please ensure you read the current terms carefully before using the online payment facility. Using the online payment facility on this website indicates that you accept these terms. If you do not accept these terms please do not use this facility.
All payments are subject to the following conditions:-
- Conference fees payable vary depending on the registration category. All conference registration payments are exempted from value added tax (VAT).
- Conference fee must be paid in Sri Lankan Rupees. Any currency conversion costs or other charges or costs incurred by you when making a payment or in processing a refund, shall be borne by you and shall not be deducted from any fees payable to the College.
- Annual Conference participants may cancel their registration and are entitled to receive a refund in accordance with the Refund Policy set out below.
- Your payment will normally reach our account within three working days.
- We cannot incur the liability for a payment not reaching the College account due to your fault (quoting incorrect personal details while making the payment online etc) nor the liability, if payment is refused or declined by the credit/debit card supplier for any reason.
- If the card supplier declines payment, the College has no obligation to bring this fact to your attention. You should check with your bank/credit/debit card supplier that the payment has been deducted from your account.
- Every effort is made to keep the online payment facility up and running smoothly. However, the College takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the online payment facility being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
- This website will include links to other websites which are not under the control of the College. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The College takes no responsibility for any loss or damage suffered as a result of using the linked websites or as a result of using information published on any of the pages of the linked websites.
- In no event will the College be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from your use of the online payment facility.
- Those who have used the online payment facility can request for a refund of their conference fee from the secretary/treasurer through an email to the following e-mail address – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Refunds, if applicable, will only be made to the debit/credit card used for the original transaction.
- Registrations cancelled more than 30 days before the event are eligible for an 80% less the bank charges refund of the registration fees paid
- Registrations cancelled less than 30 days, but more than 10 days before the event are eligible for a 50% refund less the bank charges of the registration fees paid
- Registrations cancelled less than 10 days before the event are no longer eligible for a refund.
The College shall not be liable for any failure by the conference participant or third party making payment of Fees to properly protect data from being seen on their screen by other persons or otherwise obtained by such persons, during the online payment process or in respect of any omission to provide accurate information in the course of the online payment process.
Online payments of Fees can be made by credit or debit card. These payments are not collected by the College directly but by a Service Provider.
Once payment is received by the Service Provider in cleared funds, the Service Provider will contact the College to confirm the details of the successful payment made by the candidate/participant, or third party making payment. On receipt of this confirmation, the College office will confirm to the candidate/conference participant that the payment has been received and accepted by the College. In the event that the candidate/conference participant does not receive confirmation within 7 days of making the payment it is the responsibility of the candidate/conference participant to check with the College office that the payment has been accepted.
The candidate/conference participant shall remain responsible for the Fees until such time as the confirmation as referred to above is received from the College in relation to each Fee paid using the online payment facility.
Use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Democratic socialist republic of Sri Lanka.